Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cheapest Way to travel from Dumaguete to Cebu V/V

Because my flight going back to Manila from Catarman last August was moved to the following day, the Airline Company offered  a round trip ticket valid for one year to any of their domestic destinations. Yepey!! It will be used to my long time plan to visit Cebu City to visit my sister again.

Unfortunately, the Airline Company no longer serves flight from Manila to Cebu. I was so sad that I called the Airline Costumer Service Hotline with angst. I was so disappointed but it didn't slow me down. I checked all possible ways to go to Cebu on time. I've learn the possibility of inter island routes with less expenses of course. Dumaguete and Cebu seems to be the best choice. Problem solved, moreover I got a chance to visit two islands. It's like hitting two birds with one stone. Hehe! I was so excited.

From NAIA T3, it took one hour and ten minutes to land to Sibulan Airport (Dumaguete City).


Dumaguete from my plane's window
Just outside the Airport Building

There will be tricycle or taxi drivers that will approach you, they will persistently offer a ride for PhP100-120 going to the city or Sibulan Port. But I'll advise you to just walk a little until you reach the airport gate, only about 50 meters from the airport building, there will be buses and easyrides (multicabs) going to Dumaguete City (left) going to Sibulan Port (right) for only PhP10.    
 The Governor on bike welcomes us...

Almost outside, if you're bound to Sibulan Port for fastcraft DO NOT CROSS the street.


Easyrides will take you to the passenger fastcraft, just about 50meters from that spot.
After the misleading direction experienced in Dumaguete City, at last I arrived at the Sibulan Port. This is cheapest way to travel from Dumaguete to Cebu v/v. With only PhP62-70, from Sibulan Port you'll reach Liloan, Santander, Cebu in 30 minutes. From Liloan Pier, Ceres Bus (most popular bus line in Cebu and Dumaguete) or L-300 Vans awaits travelers going to Cebu City, fare is only PhP150-169. Travel time will be 3.5 - 4 hours  from Santander to Cebu South Bus Terminal.

Finally, I arrived at my sister's flat and started our Cebu trip with dinner at Cebu's famous barbecue binge destination, Larsian.

Going back to Dumaguete City : At the Cebu South Bus Terminal (Ceres Bus Line have hourly departure to Oslob, Liloan Port, etc - PhP169) - At Liloan Pier (fastcraft departs every 30 minutes - PhP62 going to Sibulan Port) - At Sibulan Port (Easyrides and tricycle awaits, easyride's fare is only PhP10 going to the Airport and Php12 to Dumaguete City)...





1 comment: