Monday, March 10, 2014

Meat Mixins

Worried about meat leftovers?

Never occurred to me...I'm a type of person who's been through a lot. I know how it feels like if you have nothing to eat. Those challenges instilled in me...never ever to waste something with value...especially food.

Okay, enough of the drama...

Haven't I told you how I feel about Sunday morning?...I mean how the morning warms up the feeling of ease. You wake up without the alarm. You brewed your coffee without the rush. The rhythm of the old songs played on the radio..and the chance, just once a week, to cook your choice of breakfast. Oh yes! the breakfast...good thing I have leftovers...you know..how we love the Saturday Nights that we over "buy"  food for late night movie marathon or something...


Okay, I would like to share my random recipe on what's available in my kitchen. I usually do this stuff because I hate to go outside during this epic part of the day. How I just spend almost the whole day just wearing my the-night-before-clothes...I am like that most of the Sundays of my life.

Okay back to the recipe. Here it is....

I have: 
(Slice everything pea size)
5 slices of Bologna
3 slices of Ham
1/4k meat (you can have this ground)
3 pcs. Hotdog
1/4k Greenpeas
1/2k Potato
1 big green bell pepper
1 big yellow
1 cup raisin
1 medium union
4 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper

I...(since all meat ingredients are cooked)
1. Saute garlic and union, add the potato.
2. When the potato is half cooked, add green peas. Then, mix the meat ingredients cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve this with eggs. 

Very easy you see...

You can actually add anything here. Pineapple bits or carrots (but I didn't because I only eat raw carrots). I think you can add a lot of veggies here, like mushrooms, zucchini or brocolli, it's up to you.

Try to be creative. Be familiar to the taste of every food element so that you can make or create your own version of everything, some of them are resilient, some are not.

Anyway, I hope you'll like it. It's not some kind of scrumptious menu that are served in hotels or fine dining resto but it's a good start to be like a real independent woman who actually knows what to do with Saturday nights food leftovers...hehe! ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment