Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My forgotten CAREER SERVICE LICENSE

I am a Career Service Professional and I don't know what to do with it. Can you tell me?
Few of us have asked ourselves, other people or perhaps (if you are desperate enough) called Civil Service Commission about this.

It was summer of 2007 when my boyfriend called to inform me that I passed the CSC - PPT Exam we had last October 22, 2006. Much to my surprise, I was the last person to know about it because earlier that day, my high school teacher and classmate congratulated me for something, I just smiled (like I always do when I don't know what's going on). Well, I am proud about it not just because I am part of that 10% passers (nationwide), but also I was just a student then. In fact, I was the youngest examinee in the room.

Let me tell you one thing about the exam - it is not that easy. All those big words and numerical reasoning without the aid of dictionary and calculator, under time pressure. Hurry, hurry! It's the same feeling when I took DOST Scholarship Exam. Though some parts of me actually knew I'll gonna pass, in which I did (smiley face), still it's quite difficult, especially if you're not fond with words and numbers.

Okay, but what it is to me now? Did it make my pay grade higher? Will my employer promote me for it or will they even care? Apparently, no and I don't know. After almost eight years of working in a private Corporation, I almost forgot about it. Blah blah!!

Here in the Philippines, when we say Career Services Professional - we mean Government Employee - yes, most people I know, are under this impression - that includes me. Well, it is TRUE. In fact, when I called the CSC Public Assistance and Information Office, they validated this. Basically, this eligibility is only valid when you are planning to spend your whole career life in a Government Office - how sad! Knowing how great our government system is.

What to do about it now? NOTHING....Why? Do you want me to cry a river about it? It is just merely an additional certificate that has nothing to do with my job and what I preferred doing. Oh yeah! The darkness of my life knows no bound...

But hey! Who knows, I might end up settling in the province, teach in a government school or procrastinate in one of government offices there. (pure sarcasm)


Disappointing - yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment